Morton Girl

About Me

My photo
Thrifty finds, DIY, and a soon to be Home Reno...

Welcome!

I love to find cheaper ways to do expensive things. Whether this be through Thrift-store-shopping or DIY decorating, I find a way to get it done. I NEVER shop in the regular priced area of a store. If I do happen to see something I love that is regular priced, I wait til it goes on sale. OR, i make it my own version of it. I love to paint and do crafts. However, being a mother of two and a night-shift nurse, I have very little time to do it. We are also in a rental home while we search for my forever home. So, I am LOVING the blog world right now as I find ideas for my new home. Be sure to follow me so I will know I'm not just blogging to myself. :-)

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Wow, what a week!

Well, we had our appointment at UAB Maternal Fetal Medicine. Once again, I was hoping for answers. No such luck. Apparently I needed a targeted (more specific) ultrasound before seeing this particular group of OB's. Well, that wasn't done. Therefore, I am scheduled for a targeted ultrasound on Monday.

After leaving the appointment, feeling both frustrated and anxious, we found out they had called in the family for Neil's Grandmother. Maw Maw had been in Hospice care for a couple of months. However, she was doing pretty well. She became confused Tuesday morning and was unresponsive by 10 a.m. She passed away at 7:30 p.m. with all of her family gathered at her house. We were so glad that God spared her from going days on end in this condition.

She was such a wonderfully unique lady. She was sophisticated and genuine. She was independent and loving. Her favorite thing in the world was to GIVE!!! She will be missed by all of us, especially by her "BOYS" (Alex, Neil, Joel, Casey and, of course, Ronnie). Her funeral is tomorrow and Neil is speaking, per Maw Maw's request. She wrote him a letter several months back and asked him to do this. She didn't want him to tell anyone. So, he didn't. Not even me. She told Neil's step-mom it was b/c he was "right with the man upstairs". Neil is honored, but, this will be very difficult for him. So, if you read this, please say a prayer for him. He loved his Maw Maw SO much and I can't imagine the emotions that he will have as he tries to speak of this love and of God's love for this wonderful lady.

Lastly, I have a doctor's appt in the morning. I am supposed to have an US and my glucose test. I am hoping that my amniotic fluid is stable and my glucose is normal.

Well, I hope everyone has a great weekend.

LOVE TO MAW MAW MORTON. Heaven is a better place as of 7:30 p.m. Tuesday night!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying for you and Neal!!! I am sorry you are having these trials, Kelli-o. I am sorry i haven't been there for you. Just now catching up on blogs. Not saying that you are going down this route but to give you comfort if that is God's will, I have a friend who's daughter had her kidney removed at 1 year. She did so well. The surgery was outpatient!! She never skipped a beat. Amazing. I pray for your peace, Kelli. Love you, Dawn

James 1:2-4 My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.

Anonymous said...

I take that back - overnight stay!!