Morton Girl

About Me

My photo
Thrifty finds, DIY, and a soon to be Home Reno...

Welcome!

I love to find cheaper ways to do expensive things. Whether this be through Thrift-store-shopping or DIY decorating, I find a way to get it done. I NEVER shop in the regular priced area of a store. If I do happen to see something I love that is regular priced, I wait til it goes on sale. OR, i make it my own version of it. I love to paint and do crafts. However, being a mother of two and a night-shift nurse, I have very little time to do it. We are also in a rental home while we search for my forever home. So, I am LOVING the blog world right now as I find ideas for my new home. Be sure to follow me so I will know I'm not just blogging to myself. :-)

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Firsts...

Well, over the past week and a half we have had several "firsts"...

We purchased our first official Alabama Cheerleading Uniform. Lanie Mae wanted to wear the thing out of the store...she was so excited!


Lanie Mae had her first day of Mother's Day Out/3K yesterday. She did great! She, once again, had sopping wet hair (from sweat) and dirty clothes. (the girl sweats like there is no tomorrow and plays hard). But, that is a sign that she had fun...hair dries and they have great stain products these days!


Last night at dinner she told me she read a new book called "I Love Me" (the teacher had told us that this is one of the books of the month). I should've known that would be one of the things that Lanie Mae remembered most (she's a book worm). Then, this morning, she drew a straight line and said "Mama, look, I made a 1". There are so many reasons I love that LM goes to preschool. But, her learning so much is the most rewarding!

Lastly, Lanie Mae started her Dance Class today! She kept saying she was going to the "Dancin' Cital" (dance recital). We went to her cousin's dance recital a few months back and boy has she remembered that! But, she told me that when she got there today she was going to be on stage with her friends. I had to explain that she was just going to class today. She finally got it once she got there.


Practicing before we left...

As soon as she sat down with the other girls, she spotted the mirror. She got up and did every dance move she knew while looking into the mirror. (she did this multiple times during the class and had to her sweet teacher would say "that's so good! now, sit down and I will call your name for you to have another turn in a minute". I wish I had my video camera!
She volunteered to be first in the "dance across the room".

This was super cute! They all did the choo choo around the room. As you can see, Lanie Mae is one of the smallest in the class. She has one girl who is younger than her. The rest are 3 1/2-4. But, I was pleased at how well she did. She cried when we left...which, to me, is a good sign.

And...for the first time in my life, I am truly feeling the peace that comes from prayer. I am praying, my family is praying, and my wonderful friends are praying for my sweet baby boy. Last week was terrible. I literally cried everyday. And, for some reason, I am like a new woman this week. The worry is there, but, not like it was last week. I am giving God the glory for this! We have our appointment tomorrow with the pediatric urologist. So, please continue to pray. It's working, I KNOW!

No comments: