Morton Girl

About Me

My photo
Thrifty finds, DIY, and a soon to be Home Reno...

Welcome!

I love to find cheaper ways to do expensive things. Whether this be through Thrift-store-shopping or DIY decorating, I find a way to get it done. I NEVER shop in the regular priced area of a store. If I do happen to see something I love that is regular priced, I wait til it goes on sale. OR, i make it my own version of it. I love to paint and do crafts. However, being a mother of two and a night-shift nurse, I have very little time to do it. We are also in a rental home while we search for my forever home. So, I am LOVING the blog world right now as I find ideas for my new home. Be sure to follow me so I will know I'm not just blogging to myself. :-)

Thursday, October 22, 2009

October Fun

I have been neglecting to post things about my sweet baby girl. She is ecstatic about becoming a big sister. I think she gets it, at least a little. She calls him "Hudson Ronald" instead of Hudson...i guess b/c she is Lanie Mae. She has been so excited to see his room come together. I think that has helped get a more concrete idea that a baby is coming and it's coming to STAY.

At the beginning of this month, my parents, sister's family, and our family went to Babyland General Hospital in Cleveland, Georgia and then spent a couple of days in Helen. We had so much fun. My Daddy is all about tradition and memories. So, it was only fitting that the we go to Helen (one of the only places we vacationed as a child) and to Babyland General Hospital (where we went when we were like 7 or 8 yrs old). We had so much fun! Babyland General (where Cabbage Patch Kids come from) was still hoppin. I couldn't believe it. They are even building a new, really nice, facility. It was Octoberfest in Helen. So, it was super crowded. But, still fun! Most of all, spending uninterrupted time with family made the trip extra special.
Lanie Mae was overwhelmed at all of the baby dolls


They were both in awe...
Pappy giving LM a better view of the nursery


Mae Mae and Cha Chas with there babies...Sara Colors and Lucy Rainbow (they named them themselves)

No comments: