Morton Girl

About Me

My photo
Thrifty finds, DIY, and a soon to be Home Reno...

Welcome!

I love to find cheaper ways to do expensive things. Whether this be through Thrift-store-shopping or DIY decorating, I find a way to get it done. I NEVER shop in the regular priced area of a store. If I do happen to see something I love that is regular priced, I wait til it goes on sale. OR, i make it my own version of it. I love to paint and do crafts. However, being a mother of two and a night-shift nurse, I have very little time to do it. We are also in a rental home while we search for my forever home. So, I am LOVING the blog world right now as I find ideas for my new home. Be sure to follow me so I will know I'm not just blogging to myself. :-)

Friday, October 23, 2009

Growing belly, growing projects...

Today I worked on transforming the $30 dresser I got from the thrift store into a changing table. I'm about 5 hours into the project and I am thinking..."what was I thinking". But, hopefully it will be worth it in the end. I was super excited to find the missing doors & trim in one of the drawers that I had not opened. Now, I don't have to build shelves to go into the blank spaces. Also, I can return the trim I bought to replace the old...YAY $$$


Here are a couple of before pictures...



And a picture of me at 30 weeks 2 days (and 5 hours into a DIY project!!)

No comments: