Morton Girl

About Me

My photo
Thrifty finds, DIY, and a soon to be Home Reno...

Welcome!

I love to find cheaper ways to do expensive things. Whether this be through Thrift-store-shopping or DIY decorating, I find a way to get it done. I NEVER shop in the regular priced area of a store. If I do happen to see something I love that is regular priced, I wait til it goes on sale. OR, i make it my own version of it. I love to paint and do crafts. However, being a mother of two and a night-shift nurse, I have very little time to do it. We are also in a rental home while we search for my forever home. So, I am LOVING the blog world right now as I find ideas for my new home. Be sure to follow me so I will know I'm not just blogging to myself. :-)

Friday, October 30, 2009

Home Turf Delivery

My UAB appointment was today and was very reassuring! Hudson's left kidney was essentially normal and his right still dilated. However, the Dr. said that the kidney tissue looked o.k. So, hopefully there will be at least some function once he gets here. He will be followed by the urologist shortly after birth and will most likely have a surgical procedure to correct the obstruction.

The Dr. was so positive and made me feel SO at ease. He reassured me that there should be no trouble delivering at Shelby. This is SUCH good news to me. I love where I work and the people I work with. I was/ am looking forward to them being my caregivers during this special time! Plus, Neil works across the street from the hospital and we live less than 10 minutes away. So, needless to say, we are excited.

Please continue to pray for Baby Hudson. God has been so faithful to us throughout this. So far, so good!

p.s. the US tech estimated the weight of the baby to be 4 lb 11 oz! Um, most 31 weekers are like 3 or a little more lbs. She said she definitely agreed with the US tech at my OB's office. He's a CHUNK! :-) So, prayers for safe delivery of that little chunk too!

No comments: