Morton Girl

About Me

My photo
Thrifty finds, DIY, and a soon to be Home Reno...

Welcome!

I love to find cheaper ways to do expensive things. Whether this be through Thrift-store-shopping or DIY decorating, I find a way to get it done. I NEVER shop in the regular priced area of a store. If I do happen to see something I love that is regular priced, I wait til it goes on sale. OR, i make it my own version of it. I love to paint and do crafts. However, being a mother of two and a night-shift nurse, I have very little time to do it. We are also in a rental home while we search for my forever home. So, I am LOVING the blog world right now as I find ideas for my new home. Be sure to follow me so I will know I'm not just blogging to myself. :-)

Monday, August 17, 2009

Perfect little pearly whites...

Lanie Mae went to the dentist for the first time this morning. We have been talking about it for a week or so. At first, she wasn't too excited about it. But, the more we talked about it, she became o.k. with the idea. I told her they would count and tickle her teeth. I told her they may even give her a prize.

So, we woke up this morning and who is a nervous wreck?? NO, not Mae Mae, ME. She's actually excited about going. We get there and I have sweaty palms (all the while trying to act like I am as cool as a cucumber). Lanie Mae is a little stand-offish. So, I'm thinking, "this is going to be disasterous". Well, a few minutes later, the hygienist calls us back and Lanie Mae walks with her like a big girl and talks to her all the way back to the exam room. She did GREAT! She acted like it was no big deal at all. She chuckled while Ms. Christy polished her teeth. She opened wide for Dr. Mike. I couldn't have asked for a better experience. I was a dorky Mom & took pictures the whole time. I actually teared up out of pride (i know, i'm a dork!) But, I was so excited to see her do so well. The dentist said she has "textbook teeth". So, I couldn't be any happier! Oh, and to top it off... I told LM she could get a prize at the store. She chose a 3 cent piece of bubble gum (that's my girl! no $10 doll for her...it's the simple things in life!) Here are a few pics...





No comments: