Morton Girl

About Me

My photo
Thrifty finds, DIY, and a soon to be Home Reno...

Welcome!

I love to find cheaper ways to do expensive things. Whether this be through Thrift-store-shopping or DIY decorating, I find a way to get it done. I NEVER shop in the regular priced area of a store. If I do happen to see something I love that is regular priced, I wait til it goes on sale. OR, i make it my own version of it. I love to paint and do crafts. However, being a mother of two and a night-shift nurse, I have very little time to do it. We are also in a rental home while we search for my forever home. So, I am LOVING the blog world right now as I find ideas for my new home. Be sure to follow me so I will know I'm not just blogging to myself. :-)

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Growing large with the unnamed Morton boy

Well, I am slowly growing out of all of my regular clothes. Maternity pants are still a little big. And, to be honest, I haven't found any that are very flattering. Even my jeans from my last pregnancy are not flattering AT ALL. So, I'm still hanging on to my favorite regular jeans...but, I have broken 2 rubber bands in the process....maybe it's time to give it up :) I am loving all of the knit dresses. They have been a lifesaver. O.k., so this is a boring topic, i know. But, if you have any suggestions on flattering maternity jeans, let me know.

The name game is going NOWHERE! Neil is not into talking about it...it's all I want to talk about. We waited and names Lanie Mae on the day she was born. Can I tell you how boring and not fun that was?? So, I am really ready for this little man to have a name. I love the names Tate and Sawyer...Neil says no. He likes the name Davey...I say no. There are a couple of "hmm...that's o.k." names, but, none that really stick out. I think the name opinions are deterring Neil from talking about it. I say, let's say "this is the name- period". That way, people are less likely to share opinions. Well, if anyone has any cute boy names, please feel free to pass them along.
20 weeks 4 days

2 comments:

Raven said...

Watson wouldn't let me name Jack until he was born either. When we were coming up with names for Sailor, EVERYBODY had an opinion. And lots of them were not nice (honestly, even after she was born and the name was on the birth certificate, people still said unkind things about her name... and they are still on my bad list ten years later). Anyway, because of all that, Watson put his foot down and said we discuss NOTHING until he's born, and then we can pick a name that really suits him. I'll tell you this, though: Watson knew that Jack Henry was my favorite all along. I agreed to the whole waiting until he was born to name him deal, but I had a plan. A plan that worked! After I'd delivered Jack, and Watson had witnessed everything I had to go through, he was willing to let me name him ANYTHING I wanted to name him. So you may get a Tate or Sawyer after all. :)

Anonymous said...

Kelli, you are so precious pregnant! I hated maternity jeans! I only wore dresses & skirts. Chosing a name is difficult. Before I got pregnant, David argued with me on every name, but luckily after we found out I was pregnant, we decided on Olivia almost instantly. If the idea of using a family name appeals to you, ask your parents & his parents for family trees. Go through and see if you can what you can find. Just an idea. My favorite boy names: Bronson and Andrew (Drew) Good luck!