Morton Girl

About Me

My photo
Thrifty finds, DIY, and a soon to be Home Reno...

Welcome!

I love to find cheaper ways to do expensive things. Whether this be through Thrift-store-shopping or DIY decorating, I find a way to get it done. I NEVER shop in the regular priced area of a store. If I do happen to see something I love that is regular priced, I wait til it goes on sale. OR, i make it my own version of it. I love to paint and do crafts. However, being a mother of two and a night-shift nurse, I have very little time to do it. We are also in a rental home while we search for my forever home. So, I am LOVING the blog world right now as I find ideas for my new home. Be sure to follow me so I will know I'm not just blogging to myself. :-)

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

You've come a long way, baby...

 

So, I know pottery barn hasn't been around that long.  And, I also know that people had to make do "back in the day".  But, this "kid's table" was a little extreme.  I wish I had the true before pic.  (again, terrible blogger here)...But, let me paint a pic for you.  Vinyl, ORANGE vinyl.  Felt trim, PEA GREEN felt trim.  And, a few 1960's towels for cushion.  You see, this little beauty had orange vinyl stretched across the top of it.  The person who attached the vinyl thought that a little cushion to the top of the table would be nice.  So,  they, apparently, went to their linen closet and grabbed a few of their old bath towels, folded them up, stretched the vinyl across it.  THEN, they added the gorgeous pea green felt trim.  But, when I saw the table that was straight out of Jane Fonda's 1960's home, I peeked underneath.  And, I saw great rough wood.  So, I grabbed the tag off and it was mine.  Well,  I got home, stripped vinyl off and I thought the top looked pretty cool.  (see below)  But, it was in pretty rough shape.  So, it sat on my back porch like this FOR MONTHS.  I needed inspiration on what to do with it.


LOOK---there is the VINYL- YOU SEE IT?? 



 Well, I soon found the inspiration I needed.  These Chairs!  They were the perfect size for the table.  And, pretty cheap. So, I FINALLY had some vision for the table.


With the inspiration I needed, I went to work on this bad boy.  Well, apparently, the previous owners didn't own a staple gun!  The vinyl and trim was attached to the top with NAILS.  Like 350 NAILS!  Heavens to betsy!  The staple gun has been around since the 30's people!!

 


I looked through my paint inventory and came up with this combo...


 
 

Progress....I'm likin' it!

 
 
 

And, here is the finished product!  Quite a transformation.  Welcome to 2012 little table!

 
 
 


No comments: