Morton Girl

About Me

My photo
Thrifty finds, DIY, and a soon to be Home Reno...

Welcome!

I love to find cheaper ways to do expensive things. Whether this be through Thrift-store-shopping or DIY decorating, I find a way to get it done. I NEVER shop in the regular priced area of a store. If I do happen to see something I love that is regular priced, I wait til it goes on sale. OR, i make it my own version of it. I love to paint and do crafts. However, being a mother of two and a night-shift nurse, I have very little time to do it. We are also in a rental home while we search for my forever home. So, I am LOVING the blog world right now as I find ideas for my new home. Be sure to follow me so I will know I'm not just blogging to myself. :-)

Friday, January 13, 2012

This is why I heart the Thrift Store

Oh, how I love a bargain!  This week, I have spent a little time thrifting.  (um, that would be every week!).  But, anyway, this week, I want to share some of my finds...


got a pair of these cute lanterns for $4 each (which was actually a splurge, but, I NEEDED them for my back porch)

This is a little cheesy...but, it was only .59.  What can I say?  I can't pass up a cute pillow for less than a buck.



I LOVE this find.  These vintage silouette pictures were only .99 each.  I think they are just precious!


OK...are you ready??  BALLARD DESIGNS monogrammed shower curtain (with an M) for only $2.48. SHUT.UP!!! 



 Remember the post yesterday about my little girl's future bedroom?  Well, how about a Silk Navy European Sham to put on the center of the bed?  for $1.48?  Yep, I think so!  And, I'll put a hot pink Monogram on the center and it will  be PERFECT!

Two candle sticks for $2.48 each. 

I am proud ashamed to say that this is only a portion of what I found.  I found some clothes, etc. as well.  I promise to share those a little later.

Have a great weekend!
Kelli

No comments: