Morton Girl

About Me

My photo
Thrifty finds, DIY, and a soon to be Home Reno...

Welcome!

I love to find cheaper ways to do expensive things. Whether this be through Thrift-store-shopping or DIY decorating, I find a way to get it done. I NEVER shop in the regular priced area of a store. If I do happen to see something I love that is regular priced, I wait til it goes on sale. OR, i make it my own version of it. I love to paint and do crafts. However, being a mother of two and a night-shift nurse, I have very little time to do it. We are also in a rental home while we search for my forever home. So, I am LOVING the blog world right now as I find ideas for my new home. Be sure to follow me so I will know I'm not just blogging to myself. :-)

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Still Friends after all these years





I had a girl's weekend this past weekend at Lake Martin. I have been friends with these girls since kindergarden (no lie). There is something about this friendship that is like no other. Over the years, we have grown up, apart, and back together again. God has blessed each of us in different ways. We are all different, but, we have ties that keep us similar. I guess you could say it is a small town thing.
This is my twin sister, Karla, and I and her little girl, Anna Charles.

Also, an update on the potty training thing. Um, it's not going so well. We went to the library and checked out some books for LM to read about going tee tee and poo poo. She loves to sit on the potty and read them (which is very cute)....But, no pee or poo in the potty yet. She loves to sit her duck on the potty so that he can "go tee tee & poo poo". She talks to him in mommy talk..."you tee tee and poo poo in potty" "you wash you hands?". It is so cute! She is also loving dressing herself ( in layers). I will hear grunting and struggling and she will have on 2 dresses, pants and a hat. Oh yeah, and don't forget a pair of shoes (usually mine or Neil's). I could go on and on, but, I will spare you.


This day, she had on my panties and shoes. She walked into the bathroom and said, "Look Mama, I got shoes on"

No comments: