Morton Girl

About Me

My photo
Thrifty finds, DIY, and a soon to be Home Reno...

Welcome!

I love to find cheaper ways to do expensive things. Whether this be through Thrift-store-shopping or DIY decorating, I find a way to get it done. I NEVER shop in the regular priced area of a store. If I do happen to see something I love that is regular priced, I wait til it goes on sale. OR, i make it my own version of it. I love to paint and do crafts. However, being a mother of two and a night-shift nurse, I have very little time to do it. We are also in a rental home while we search for my forever home. So, I am LOVING the blog world right now as I find ideas for my new home. Be sure to follow me so I will know I'm not just blogging to myself. :-)

Friday, November 2, 2012

Party for a Princess

My 6 year old is ALL GIRL...baby dolls, dress up clothes, and makeup.  So, it was no surprise when she said she wanted a Princess Party for her this year's b-day celebration. 

I happen to be ALL GIRL myself.  So, I had a blast planning it! My friend, Jeannine, helped tons!  (and, so did my friend ol' "Pinny"---you may know her as Pinterest ;-))
 

The invitation and our craft supplies. Since we were doing a "Princess Pajama Party", we decided to paint pillows as the girls' party prize.


 I made this door hanger for Lanie Mae's first Birthday party and bring it out each year...


This is a coat hanger in the shape of a "6" with tulle & ribbon tied around it.  And, below, are tissue paper Pom Poms my friend Jeannine made.  (thanks Pinterest for that one)

 
The place settings were Dollar Tree plastic cups with ribbon tied around the bottom to "fancy them up" a bit.  And, of course, we had tiaras for all of the princesses.
 
 
Our Birthday Princess had her very own special Tiara preserved in a glass dome.




I was so excited to find these adorable eye masks for the little princesses...

 
I got glass bowls and glasses and super glued them to candlesticks (dollar tree as well).  This added a fancy flair to the candy table.  (thanks pinterest)

And, finally, while the girls slept, I cleaned up round one decor and set up for the morning...
 
 
 
The party was a success!  Now, to plan a Spiderman party for the boy!
 
~Kelli

No comments: