Morton Girl

About Me

My photo
Thrifty finds, DIY, and a soon to be Home Reno...

Welcome!

I love to find cheaper ways to do expensive things. Whether this be through Thrift-store-shopping or DIY decorating, I find a way to get it done. I NEVER shop in the regular priced area of a store. If I do happen to see something I love that is regular priced, I wait til it goes on sale. OR, i make it my own version of it. I love to paint and do crafts. However, being a mother of two and a night-shift nurse, I have very little time to do it. We are also in a rental home while we search for my forever home. So, I am LOVING the blog world right now as I find ideas for my new home. Be sure to follow me so I will know I'm not just blogging to myself. :-)

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Bookshelf Before & After and some history...

I finally spent some time working on the yucky $4.88 bookshelf I got a month or so back.  Here is the before again (complete with spintered wood and 2 old wasps nests)...
And the after....

Nothing spectacular.  But, a good place for storage.  Inside the bookcase are some cool finds as well as another project...
A couple of thrift store books (one from the 40's), The pretty sparkly vase (also a thrifty find), and the other project is the Chevron storage bin.
This is a $6 fabric bin from Target.  I added painters tape in the chevron pattern and painted with fabric paint.  Much cheaper than the chevron bins you see online. 
I will finish this post with a few more cool finds.  The plan is for these to find a new home via our antique booth at Chelsea Antiques.  Surely, someone will think they are as cool as I do. :-)
This clock is from the 40's.  It's in great shape and it still works! Isn't it neat?

Both of these books are from the late 50's. A book on Etiquette?  How cute is that?  And, Art & Design?  It's really to see how classic some of our decor really is. 

I am well on my way to an episode of Hoarders if I keep finding these "cool" things ;-)

See ya!
Kelli

No comments: