Morton Girl

About Me

My photo
Thrifty finds, DIY, and a soon to be Home Reno...

Welcome!

I love to find cheaper ways to do expensive things. Whether this be through Thrift-store-shopping or DIY decorating, I find a way to get it done. I NEVER shop in the regular priced area of a store. If I do happen to see something I love that is regular priced, I wait til it goes on sale. OR, i make it my own version of it. I love to paint and do crafts. However, being a mother of two and a night-shift nurse, I have very little time to do it. We are also in a rental home while we search for my forever home. So, I am LOVING the blog world right now as I find ideas for my new home. Be sure to follow me so I will know I'm not just blogging to myself. :-)

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Lanie Mae's 2nd birthday

This past Friday was Lanie Mae's 2nd birthday. It sounds so cliche', but, I really cannot believe it has been 2 years since she was born. Friday was a pretty typical day. Although, I was so busy getting things ready for her party on Saturday. You see, I decided that it would be too expensive to buy a $50 cake and I thought I would just make one. Well, $40 and countless hours later, the cake was made (thanks to help from my mother-in-law). Lesson #1...JUST BUY THE CAKE! Although, it did turn out very cute. The party was great! Family and a few family friends came over to celebrate. Lanie Mae was SO EXCITED. She squealed and laughed all day long. I, on the other hand, cried before the party. I was so crazy busy and exhausted and when I was heading upstairs to take a shower at 9:40 for the 10:00 party, I just had to have a little break-down. But, at 9:59 when I was heading back downstairs w/ clothes on, hair dry (sort-of) and make-up on, all was good. We had a great time!



After the party, my family hung around a little bit since they came from out of town. My sister and brother-in-law spent the night. So, we thought it would be a great idea to go out to eat at STIXX and have the staff sing to Lanie Mae. BIG MISTAKE. Lesson #2...never take a 2 year old to a japanese restaraunt. The first time Lanie Mae saw the flame (at the table next to us-mind you), she FREAKED OUT. Neil and I had to take turns taking her outside until the guy got done cooking. Comical now, last night, not so much! While I was standing outside, a lady saw me holding Lanie Mae (who was saying, "I want to go home"). She looked at me and said, "How old is she, about 2?" I told her yes. She giggled and said, "I had to take my 2 year old out of here about 4 years ago." Lesson learned and reinforced!




The weekend, overall, was great. The only thing is, now, Lanie Mae and I both miss my family. It could be worse, they are only 1hr 45min away. I hope everyone has a great week!


the cake...


Lanie Mae blowing out candles...(a little 2 year old spit never hurt anyone, right?)




We fingerpainted with all the kids (ladybugs and turtles) and one ROLL TIDE


2 comments:

Christy said...

Thanks so much for making the painting for Riley. It's really cute and we love turtles : ) It was nice to finally meet your family. I hope you all had a good visit. See you soon!

Bedsole Boys said...

Ah! Just found your blog - we're sharing emotions these days. The sobbing, the wonder, the not-so-much-potty training...I'm missing you and want them to play together again soon. Cute cake - I admire you and agree - buy it. Lots of love from JD and T.